Sunday, January 8, 2012

Recoil - Opening Sequence

Recoil, developed by Zipper Interactive, is the first ever PC game I played. I was still in school when I got my hands on this title in 1999. Since then, I have played through this game multiple times, and on all three difficulty settings. 

The paper-thin plot of Recoil can probably be jotted down on the back of a business card. Apparently, the world is ruled by an evil corporation, which uses an enormous biological supercomputer (built by installing electronic circuits inside hundreds of human brains) to spy on everyone at all times. Their plan is to turn every human being on the planet into robots (for whatever reasons). However, resistance forces have designed a highly advanced Battle Force Tank (BFT). As their hero, you are tasked with the responsibility to drive the tank through six different areas, killing adversaries, destroying enemy structures, and finally blasting the supercomputer to oblivion.

Check out the intro sequence of Recoil here:


As for my impression of the game - well, I would say Recoil is a pretty enjoyable shooter. I particularly love the starting point of the game, where the VTOL drops the BFT straight on the pier. Besides, the title also earns major brownie points from me for offering me 18 different ways of laying waste on my adversaries. Yup, that's the number of weapons you can collect in the game, including the rather unique Sonic Burst Cannon, Arc Saber, Laser Saber, Laser Designator, and even tactical nukes! And the fast-paced arcade style gameplay ensures you are never bored. If you haven't played this game yet, I would certainly recommend giving this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment