Monday, December 19, 2011

Mass Effect 2 - Reclaiming Freedom's Progress

Freedom's Progress is the first area Shepard gets to visit in Mass Effect 2, after the first conversation with the Illusive Man. A human colony, Freedom's Progress is a major human settlement in the Traverse. 

However, Shepard's team land here to find the place deserted. Not only that, they are attacked by small squads of Loki and Fenris mechs, which are, in fact, supposed to protect humans.

My favorite part in the level is the final showdown with a Ymir mech. Given the power of the starting arsenal, I would say that the Ymir offered the perfect challenge for my FemShep on Insanity difficulty setting. Check out the video below for an up, close and personal look at this encounter. The mech had already taken down Miranda and Jacob when I started recording. However, they managed to take down roughly 75% of the mech's shield before they fell.




Update: I have just cleared the level with my Level 30 FemShep (Class: Adept) in Insanity difficulty setting (NG+). Funny - the YMir could not even take down my FemShep's shield more than 50%. Check out the video below:




No comments:

Post a Comment